About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome. I'm a bride in Belfast who grew up on Father of the Bride and dreams of a wedding at the Plaza or an outdoor ceremony in a private home in Nantucket. I've big dreams and a little budget. So with this blog I hope to share with you how I'm trying to get a very personal, bespoke, luxurious wedding in Northern Ireland with a little budget squeezing and creativity. Or as I have come to see it a Vera Wang wedding on a Walmart budget.

Monday 30 May 2011

Perfect Peonies!

I'm not a summer bride (I think?!) so I won't be selecting Peonies. Peonies are a very (very!!) popular wedding flower choice and you can see why, they are beautiful, but they are only in season for a few months. Picking flowers in season will save you money and also, I once read that nature is very clever...flowers are in season for a reason, so that they complement that season. Therefore picking flowers in season works with nature & your budget! So this is peony season and as luck would have it Marks & Spencer’s are stocking them for £20.00 a bunch in white/ ivory & pinks. Any wedding florists reading this will kill me, but if you really are on a tighter budget and have the guts to take on your own flowers you could definitely do it with the M&S peonies (the one at Sprucefield is the best). 

3 comments:

  1. love this little tip! i'm thinking of going for wild flowers, and here's the best website to help with this choice ever! http://www.wigglywigglers.co.uk/shop/searchresults.html?-session=shopper:5AC8CA090f3032331CwRHN3FD996

    they scoop up any wild flowers and send them your way. how perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the information!!
    simplythankyou deals in wedding flowers,romantic flowers, celebration bunches and anniversary flowers.
    Flower Delivery Belfast

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like white rose. such a nice post. thank you for sharing.

    Funeral flower arrangements

    ReplyDelete